Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week Five: Spring Break

I hope everyone is having a good break this week. Since most people from the Baja Team are on vacation, I haven't been able to talk to many of them this week. From what I have heard and seen though is that the car is almost ready to be test driven so that is very exciting. 

As for my goal to find sponsors, I have been having some set backs. The emails and phone calls don't seem to be giving me the results I was hoping for. What I'm starting to realize is that if you don't have an actual contact in the company, cold calling is basically pointless except for a few exceptions. As a result of this, I am focusing more of my time on the online fundraising campaign. It is still unclear whether or not the team will choose to do it under ASU or not, but either way I plan to use outside sources as an extra way for the team to advertise themselves. I am not sure how well it'll work but my fingers are crossed. 

I will continue to keep everyone updated on my progress with the online fund raising. Until then, I hope everyone has a great Spring Break!

2 comments:

  1. Is there anyone else on the fundraising team? If so, did they face a similar issue like you with the emails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of now I am the only one who is officially doing the fundraising. In the past years there wasn't a specific group of people who would raise money. It wasn't very organized, and the goal for the future is to bring more business students into the team to help out with the fundraising side of the club.

    ReplyDelete