Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week Four: Slow Week

This past week has been pretty stagnant. Not much has happened except for a ton of unanswered phone calls and emails. Raising money is a lot harder than I expected, but now I know not to ever go into the sales business.

One company did end up replying to me and seemed very willing to donate some materials to the team, but then the issue of delivery came up so now I'm trying to see if there is a way the material can get delivered properly. Other than that, I am still working on writing more emails to companies. I think that the main issue is that I have been using my own email and not a college email because when companies see the "edu" at the end of the email it shows some creditability. The team is working on getting a team email under ASU, but since the cub is a "third party", ASU hasn't been able to provide a proper email address.

I've finally been able to make some time with the team to work on the online fund raising campaign. There are still some issues to talk about though. The team is divided as to whether we should use the online platform from ASU or use other ones like Gofundme and Indiegogo. Both have its pros and cons, so we will hopefully decide which one is best for the team.

Apart from that, the team is working rigorously to get the car driving by Spring Break. This will allow them to get a lot of testing done to make sure the car is ready for the upcoming competitions. Hopefully the online fund raising platforms can begin to help the team in any way possible.

3 comments:

  1. Are you also part of the testing team for the car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. There are already some designated drivers on the team, and I don't have enough knowledge on how the car works to be useful in the testing phase. My focus will be more on improving the teams presentation skills for the competition.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete