Saturday, March 26, 2016

Week Seven: Online Fundraiser is a Go!

This week was pretty exciting. I finally got online fund raising campaign up and running. I really hope this will give better results than the cold calls that I have been doing throughout my SRP. I will add the link to the page for anyone who wants to check it out once the team adds in some personal information to the account. Until then the page might not be completely up.

Since the online fundraiser is basically done, I will be starting to focus my work on the presentation aspect of the competition. I have been nagging my teammates about it for quite some time now, but they are very focused on finishing up the car. Hopefully they will start to work on the presentation soon since the competition is coming up soon.

Since I personally won't be with the team during the competition, I hope to get the team as prepared as possible. I want to teach them how to explain and answer questions in a more simple and straight to the point manner so that they can maximize their points earned in the competition. I plan to set up some mock presentations for them so that they get used to presenting. I may set up some public presentations so that the team learns to present in front of strangers, as well as explain the mechanics of the car to people who may not be knowledgable with the subject. It would also be a great event to get current and potential sponsors to come in a take a look at what the team has been doing for the past few months.

It's a lot of organization, but I hope the the rest of the college students will be nice to me and work with me on these goals. If we can set up these presentations, the chances of the team placing higher this year increases, and the chances of them getting more sponsorships increases as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment